Adobe Illustrator CS4 is running very slowly for Windows 7 64-bit computers
Adobe Illustrator CS 4, Autocad and Microsoft Office applications are running much too slowly for our Windows 7 64-bit users, even after turning off the usual suspects of non-essential broadcasting.
In fact, Windows 7 appears to cause insurmountable compatibility
issues with supposedly "compatible" 32-bit applications, unresolvable issues with 32- and 64-bit print driver issues and inexplicable machine and network slowdowns.
Should we roll back these i7 machines to XP, and if not, why not?
Thanks for all direction.
Anwsers to the Problem Adobe Illustrator CS4 is running very slowly for Windows 7 64-bit computers
In the case of Adobe Illustrator Cs4 running slowly on Windows 7 64-bit computer, in the Windows 7 Compatibility Center, it does show to be compatible.
I suggest you post in the Adobe forums for suggestions.
Here are a few threads in the Adobe forums that are discussing slowness.
I have listed some of their suggestions, but you might want to review the threads.
- Change your scratch disk to D drive.
- Update your video card drivers.
- Make sure your updates are current for CS4
- May be a problem with Anti-virus interference
Hope this helps.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Adobe Illustrator CS4 is running very slowly for Windows 7 64-bit computers:
How to Fix Adobe Illustrator CS4 is running very slowly for Windows 7 64-bit computers with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How Can I Fix - After a system restore all the files in a compilation album were sorted into individual folders. what happened?,Troubleshooting:After I didn't plug my battery in in time I lost one file which I was just working on and it's not in recycle bin and it doesn't come up when I try to search for it Error,Troubleshooting:Adding controls to Word documents,Troubleshooting:After downloading program from "imesh.com" problems with Windows Vista Error,Troubleshoot:adding numbers contained in different cells Error,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded