Annoying window that pops up every 2 minutes since I installed a router.
I just installed a new Netgear wireless router and everything works fine, but for a window that pops up every 2 minutes and won't let you do anything else until acknowledged, also won't take any user/passwords I have.
It says this:
"The server weather.service.msn.com at NETGEAR WNDR3400v2 requires a username and password."
Solutions to the Problem Annoying window that pops up every 2 minutes since I installed a router.
1. What is the Operating System installed on your computer?
2. When exactly do you get this message?
3. Are you using any weather gadget in the sidebar?
4. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
Please follow the methods listed below.
Try uninstalling the weather gadget and test the issue.
Refer “How do I uninstall a gadget?” from the link mentioned below.
I would also suggest you to download and run the latest Microsoft Safety Scanner on your computer and check if it helps:
Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Annoying window that pops up every 2 minutes since I installed a router.
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Annoying window that pops up every 2 minutes since I installed a router.:
How to Fix Annoying window that pops up every 2 minutes since I installed a router. with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Tech Support: Anchoring a Watermark,APPCRASH problem, Registry class not found [Solved],How to Fix - Almost all open applications crash simultaneously and \"randomly\"?,[Solved] Alt+Enter not working in Excel 2007 in Win7,Application.Commandbars (\"xxx\").Enabled = False does not work? Tech Support,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open