Downloads try to install to wrong drive
Google Earth) try to install on drive F: which I don't have, instead of main drive C: How do I change the default drive back to C: drive?
Anwsers to the Problem Downloads try to install to wrong drive
Let’s follow these steps and check if it helps.
Type ‘regedit’ in the start search box and press enter.
In registry, browse to the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version.
In the right pane, locate ‘ProgramFilesDir’ under name and make sure that the value isC:\Program Files.
If the value is not displayed as C:\Program Files, you may edit the value and change it to C:\Program Files.
You need to double click on‘ProgramFilesDir’ and type the locationC:\Program Files in the value data box, click OK.
Close registry and check if you are able to install the programs in C: drive.
Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry.
However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
Therefore, make sure that you
follow these steps carefully.
For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
Hope the information helps.
Please post back and let us know.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Downloads try to install to wrong drive has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Downloads try to install to wrong drive:
How to Fix Downloads try to install to wrong drive with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 22.214.171.12428,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.126.96.36.19933,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.188.8.131.5247,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Do I need to install all the updates or just the latest ones?,Troubleshooting:Download products using the Web Browser method Error,How Can I Fix - dns server not responding on one web site?,Fast Solution to Error: Does the Download Mouse and Keyboard Center works for Windows 7 (64 bits)?,Fast Solution to Problem: does windows 7 home preium 64bit support more than 3.25 gb od memory?,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)