Copy via BAT file in XP Virtual Machine
Is is possible to use a BAT file to copy a file from XP Virtual Local C:
to an integrated host drive letter - specifically J: on
If so, what's the syntax? Results here have been negative. Copy
via BAT file in normal W7 succeeds.
Keys to the Problem Copy via BAT file in XP Virtual Machine
OK, now I see the problem. In XP mode the Win 7 C: drive isn't assigned a drive letter, so there's no source drive letter to put into the XCOPY command.
When I right-clicked on the "C: on xxxx" in the XP Windows Explorer, there's no Properties entry there, and when you run the Control Panel's Disk Management, it doesn't show the virtual drives. I didn't see it at the CMD prompt either. I did see the option
to use "Groove sharing", but I'm going to have to educate myself on Groove, which is a part of MS Office. I don't know if you have Groove or not or whether that's a viable answer or not until I do more research.
Obviously you can do this copy manually, but I understand your interest in automating the process. This virtual stuff can fake you out! It makes for interesting movies, but sometimes confusing on real computers. :-(
If anyone following this thread knows how to assign a drive letter to the host (i.e.
not the virtual C: in XP) Win 7 C: drive in virtual XP mode, please post that info here!
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Copy via BAT file in XP Virtual Machine:
How to Fix Copy via BAT file in XP Virtual Machine with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.126.96.36.19986,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.188.8.131.520,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.184.108.40.2069,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.220.127.116.115,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Troubleshoot:Converting decimals to time Error,Constant script error messages [Anwsered],Convert text to columns,[Solved] Create Report with variable,How to Resolve - Cursor Jumps while typing - Windows 7?,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly